Launched March 12, 2018 the Scotia Passport Visa Infinite is the only no foreign currency exchange fee credit card offered by any of the big five Canadian banks.
- Annual Fee: $139
- Card Type: Credit Card
- Annual Interest Rate: 19.99% on purchases; 22% on cash advances, balance transfers and Scotia Credit Card Cheques
- Point Type: Scotia Rewards
- Earn: 2 points per $1 on eligible grocery stores, dining, entertainment purchases, and daily transit purchases; 1 point per $1 on all other eligible purchases; Earn 5% cash back on travel when you book your travel with the Scotia Rewards Travel Service; annual bonus of 10,000 points when you spend $40,000
- Welcome bonus: 25,000 points
- Minimum Spend: with $1000 spend in everyday purchases in first three months
- No foreign currency conversion mark-up on international foreign currency purchases made online or outside of Canada.
- Airport Lounge Access: Priority Pass membership, plus 6 free visits per year from the date of enrolment ($27 USD per visit after the first 6).
- Redeem Scotia Rewards points for travel costs (e.g., flights, hotels, cruises) booked through any travel service or website, or book travel with the Scotia Rewards Travel Service which includes a Best Price Guarantee on Airfare for up to 24 hours after booking. No travel restrictions.
- Avis Preferred Plus membership.
- Visa Infinite Benefits: Concierge, Luxury Hotel Collection, Dining Series, Wine Country Program.
- Convert your Scotia Rewardspoints to SCENE points and vice versa.
- Points can also be used for merchandise.
- Insurance: Travel Emergency Medical Insurances (under age 65 for up to 25 consecutive days and for eligible persons age 65 and older for up to 10 consecutive days); Trip Cancellation / Trip Interruption Insurance; Flight Delay Insurance; Delayed and Lost Baggage Insurance; Travel Accident Insurance; Rental Car Collision Loss/Damage
- Extended Warranty Insurance
- Commission-free traveler’s checks (does anyone still use these?).
- Income requirement: $60,000 personal or $100,000 household or $250,000 assets
- You can not transfer points to other programs like you can with the American Express Platinum Card and the American Express Starwood Preferred Guest cards.
Boomer Traveller’s reaction to this card:
You will find other no forex fee cards for Canadians Strong>here.