If you apply between June 11 until September 4th 2018 and your application is approved the HSBC World Elite Mastercard is offering a welcome bonus worth ~$300. It includes:
Non-Quebec Residents: 20,000 HSBC World Elite Rewards points after first transaction following enrollment, 10,000 point when you spend $1,000 within 90 days of opening account, and a one-time rebate equal to the annual fee ($149) charged to your HSBC World Elite Mastercard account for the Primary Cardholder in the first year.
Quebec Residents: 20,000 HSBC World Elite Rewards points after first transaction following enrolment, and, 40,000 Points when you keep your account open and in good standing for 90 days from account open date.
Other aspects of the card…
- No foreign transaction fees
- Earn: 3% in travel rewards on all eligible travel purchases (6 Points per $1) and 1.5% in travel rewards on all other eligible purchases (3 Points per $1)
- Travel insurance coverage
- $100 annual travel enhancement credit – redeemable towards select airline seat upgrades, airline baggage fees and airport lounge passes
- LoungeKey (note there is a fee per visit)
- 10% discount on select hotel bookings on your card with Expedia and Agoda
- To get the card, you must have a minimum annual gross personal income of $80,000 or a minimum annual gross household income of $150,000; or $400,000 in assets at any Canadian Financial Institution
Overview of HSBC Travel Rewards (note points can be used for non-travel reward options)
• Points can be redeemed for a statement credit towards an eligible airline ticket, vacation package, car rental, hotel, cruise, rail ticket or tour charged to card.
• There are no blackout dates; use any travel agent, airline or website, take advantage of last minute deals
• You can book through the HSBC portal then call in to redeem your points.
• You can transfer to some airline partners but as the partners (British Airways, Cathay Pacific and Singapore Airlines) are not listed on the HSBC site you have to call to confirm who they are and what the point transfer value is.